Natural Retreats, a luxury vacation rental management company recognizes that it’s both our Management Teams and Team Members who operates our properties and exhibits the difference between a typical vacation experience and a superior one. We, at NR believe that our Team Members are our most valuable asset; therefore, we seek individuals who strive for excellence in service, are driven by our core values, and will go the extra mile to provide all guests with a memorable stay.
Our Central Office in Charlottesville, VA is looking for the right candidate to serve as our Data Analyst. The Data Analyst will proactively provide both customer-facing and high-level support to Natural Retreats’ staff and reporting/information systems. The Data Analyst will also work with the wider Tech Team and management to determine information and reporting goals. This individual will be ultimately responsible for building out and providing ongoing support and maintenance for Natural Retreats’ business reporting and analytical platform. In addition, the Data Analyst must also regularly communicate the status and progress of the various projects and systems that they may be involved with.
This position is full-time, benefits eligible and comes with a stunning benefit package!
Benefits & PTO:
Benefits are effective after 30 days of full-time employment for: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, health savings accounts, 401K retirement plan options with 3.5% company match!
At Natural Retreats, we want to ensure our Team Members recognize how valued they are to the company by offering free benefits (100% company paid) such as: short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and $50,000 life insurance policy!
We at NR love to vacation and encourage our Team Members to utilize their 15 days paid vacation time! We also offer 9 paid holidays, 7 days of sick leave, and up to 5 "NR Days", where the company provides a $1,500 allowance to book a stay at the NR location of their choice!
Annual salary is $65,000 - $75,000 depending on experience.
- Establish, support, and maintain an information infrastructure that will:
- Bring transparency, confidence and standardization to data sources that support business decisions across all departments
- Enable departments to easily interact with data they need to make informed decisions and to support reporting/analysis self-service
- Ensure continuity and accuracy in established KPI's and reports
- Be flexible to absorb and integrate new data sources
- Be scalable and easily maintained
- Utilize a standard reporting toolset (e.g. Power BI) to support consistency across the business
- Establish and maintain a deep knowledge of the underlying systems and data models that generate valuable information for business reporting
- Be an expert in all Natural Retreats (NR) KPI's and implement change management processes to preserve their accuracy and definition
- Support the business with general reporting questions and adhoc data requests
- Use experience and expertise to identify and promote new opportunity from existing and new data sources
- Establish, publish, and diligently maintain documentation and data dictionaries
- Communicate and educate to empower stakeholders to use NR's wealth of data effectively
- General business systems and data storage methodologies
- Database modelling theory and techniques (OLTP and Warehouse orientated)
- Data mining
- Relational and non-relational database and data storage systems
- ETL concepts and techniques
- Deep understanding of how to collate, aggregate and present data effectively
- Thorough grasp of the current technologies available for ETL, storage and presentation of data
- Programming and version control
- Query optimization and database performance
Required Experience and Skills
- College degree in computer science or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with databases and data modelling
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with relevant reporting/dashboard tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Domo, Qlik etc)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a business environment fulfilling data analysis and reporting needs
- Exceptional competence in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in DAX or R
- Proficient in data visualization and modelling
- Proficient in reporting and visualization production
- Proficient in programming (at least one language other than SQL or DAX)
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- Expert in at least one Business Intelligence platform (e.g. Power BI, Domo, QLIK, or Tableau)
- Proficient in database scripting (e.g. PL/SQL, T-SQL, or PG/SQL)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Power BI
- Proficient in Amazon Redshift
- Proficient in DBT Cloud
- Proficient in Git and Github
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical mindset
- Methodical and logic orientated
- Detail and accuracy focused
- Self-learning and ability to find answers via research
- Comfortable working independently and within a team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where priorities can change at short notice