The Housekeeper is essential in essential in helping the Housekeeping Department ensure the homes, residences, and properties remain in pristine condition according to Natural Retreats’ quality and brand standards. With fantastic attention to detail, the Housekeeper will ensure all guests and owners have an amazing first impression of the residences, homes, properties, etc. This individual will need to assist in the upkeep of the properties and escalate any maintenance issues to the relevant department head and management.
Wage is $13 - $17 per hour.
- Take full responsibility for the full clean of residences upon the departure of guests.
- In the absence of Management, check residences prior to the arrival of guests to ensure all residences are in pristine condition.
- Using the checklist for each residence, ensure that all areas have been cleaned and prepared to the required standard.
- Use the correct cleaning products for the relevant jobs and ensure hygiene levels are kept to a high standard.
- Regularly change cleaning materials (e.g. wipes, dusters, etc.) to ensure they are effective and hygienic.
- Change all bed linens to a high standard, ensuring all linen is clean, unmarked and presentable. Escalate to the relevant manager if linen is marked or damaged.
- Ensure toiletries are replenished.
- Ensure the bathrooms are cleaned to a high standard and stocked with sufficient linens and supplies.
- Ensure all flooring is either vacuumed, swept, and washed as appropriate.
- In kitchen areas, ensure the refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, and stoves are clean inside and out.
- Periodically conduct deep cleans of ovens, microwaves, stoves, and refrigerators.
- Ensure the porches/decks of each residence are swept prior to the arrival of guests to ensure free of leaves, etc.
- Clean windows (inside) and ensure smear free.
- Escalate any issues in relation to dirty external windows with the relevant management team.
- For residences which have open fires, ensure the fire is cleaned and prepared for use by the guests and ensure that there is a full supply of wood and kindling.
- Spot check each residence throughout the clean and escalate any maintenance issues with the relevant manager.
- Manage the supplies of cleaning materials and linen and reorder when necessary.
- When meeting Natural Retreats’ guests, greet them in a friendly, welcoming, and consistent manner.
- If a guest makes a direct request to Housekeeping, ensure that you promptly fulfill the request and if unable to fulfill the request, raise with the relevant manager. Ensure that you keep the guest aware of the progress and always communicate in a friendly, positive manner.
- Approach all tasks and requests with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Escalate any general issues with the residences to the relevant manager promptly.
- Be an ambassador for Natural Retreats in all areas to ensure you are always smart and presentable and wearing the correct NR uniform.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience in housekeeper
- Valid Driver's license
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and walk, move, and transfer in and out of homes for 85% of the day.