Will you show up each day with a can-do attitude and work diligently alongside a hardworking and enthusiastic team? Would you like to finish each day proud of what you have accomplished and receive compliments from the hundreds of guests who stay in our properties each year? If your answers are “yes”, then come and join a growing company!
We at Natural Retreats are looking for a Property Manager to assist the General Manager and the onsite team with managing the day-to-day operations at our North Lake Tahoe, CA destination. This position will assist the General Manager with ownership of the retreat to ensure the operation remains within budget and profitable. The Property Manager will need to combine outstanding interpersonal skills with considerable organizational ability, commercial acumen, and close attention to detail. The core roles include the overall organization and management of the retreat, property management, recruiting and training of new Team Members, administration, and guest relations.
This position is full-time, benefits eligible and comes with a spectacular benefit package!
Benefits & PTO:
Benefits are effective after 30 days of full-time employment for: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, health savings accounts, 401K retirement plan options with 3.5% company match!
At Natural Retreats, we want to ensure our Team Members recognize how valued they are to the company by offering free benefits (100% company paid) such as: short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and $50,000 life insurance policy!
We at NR love to vacation and encourage our Team Members to utilize their 15 days paid vacation time! We also offer 9 paid holidays, 7 days of sick leave, and up to 5 “NR Days”, where the company provides a $1,500 allowance to book at stay at the NR location of their choice!
- Work with the General Manager to oversee owner and guest services and fulfill owner and guest requests
- Assist with all aspects of maintenance including but not limited to:
- Reset Wi-Fi routers and modems
- Reset and program cable and satellite TV receivers
- Perform light plumbing repairs
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test, and make adjustments
- Participate in snow and ice removal around the managed properties and around the office as needed
- Assist with housekeeping as needed to ensure homes are ready for guest arrival
- Oversee all independent contract inspectors, as well as vendors such as lawn care, hot tub, property care, etc.
- Provide open, honest, and timely communication to all departments and central teams
- Manage any stocks of consumable items such as lightbulbs, batteries, dishes, etc. efficiently and within budget, assigning appropriate charges to owners as required by applicable deadlines.
- Manage the upkeep, maintenance, and inventory of the property, and in conjunction with owners, replace items where necessary using approved suppliers and equipment.
- Coordinate both recurring and one-time contracted services
- Conduct property inspections within a timeline outlined by the General Manager and as outlined in our management agreements
Service and Standards
- Ensure all homeowners receive personalized attention and care and all guests have an AMAZING experience with Natural Retreats from arrival through to their departure
- Gain and maintain a strong working knowledge of the destination and be able to effectively communicate this to guests and other departments within Natural Retreats
- Confirm all guests receive a pre-arrival call and meet and greet in line with brand standards, ensuring each home is visited personally at least once during the guest stay.
- Ensure all properties are ready, prepped, correctly setup, and staged according to Natural Retreats brand standards in a timely manner prior to every guest and owner arrival
- Ensure all NR brand standards are met in terms of safety, cleanliness, and hygiene
- Perform meet and greets with guests upon arrival to their rental properties
- Scan, code, and submit invoiced to Accounting as needed
- Update, compile, and send cleaning schedules to third-party cleaning vendors
- Ensure all employees can provide detailed knowledge of the local area passing this onto the Sales team and guests alike
- Set an example of professionalism by modeling superior work ethic, appearance, timekeeping, preparedness, and attributes to gain the trust, confidence, and respect of all those who work under the General Manager’s direction
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding process of staff and independent contractors to ensure they are being deployed in a productive manner
- Drive world class service by educating and training Team Members on standards and service expectations
- Act as a culture champion by being accountable for following the policies and procedures set forth in the Natural Retreats’ Handbook
- Operate company vehicle in a safe, courteous, and professional manner
- Obey all traffic and local driving laws
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the company vehicle
- Abide by the Company Car Policy
- Report any maintenance issues and/or accidents immediately
Experience and Skills:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in hospitality, property management, or other related fields.
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual, electrical, plumbing, mechanics, and appliance repair
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer savvy, able to learn new software programs
- Proficiency in Outlook
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive and flexible in approach to job duties and problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated
- Manages time effectively and meets deadlines in the required timeframe
- Team player who is flexible and open to feedback and continued growth