We at Natural Retreats are seeking Yellowstone Park Enthusiasts and Outdoor Adventurers to provide private, luxury tours for multi-generation families. We can have Guides operate tours from Bozeman/Belgrade or from Big Sky, too. The Tour Guides will be responsible for providing safe reliable transportation through Yellowstone National Park while engaging with guests in a knowledgeable, professional demeanor. The position is responsible for operating a tour vehicle, ensuring safety standards throughout the tour, providing interpretation of surroundings, and sharing local park knowledge.
Paid training begins in May for the Summer season that lasts through October 2021. There are also opportunities for potential Tour Guides to drive Airport Shuttle through the remainder of this winter season which ends in mid-April 2021. Compensation for the Tour Guide position is $200/per day, plus gratuities.
- Provide Amazing customer service to tour clients.
- Greet guests in a friendly, welcoming manner.
- Attain expert knowledge of Yellowstone National Park and provide guests with any requested information.
- Operate vehicle safely over an assigned route for authorized guests only.
- Obey traffic laws and transportation practices as required by federal, state, and local law.
- Secure wheelchairs, car seats, and other restraining devices as needed.
- Transport guests safely.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Communicate with office staff and management on any guest requests.
- Exemplify excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain an accurate, detailed time log.
- Inspect vehicle for proper operating condition before and after every shift according to checklist.
- Report all accidents, incidents, injuries, unsafe working conditions, and damages to the vehicles immediately to management.
- Regulate heating, cooling, and ventilating equipment for the comfort of passengers.
- To be a brand ambassador, promoting all Natural Retreats’ and Yellowstone National Park locations and services to guests and colleagues alike.
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable, but not required
- Basic knowledge about Yellowstone National Park and the surrounding area
- Ability to operate cars, vans, etc
- Possess a clean driving record
- Valid and current state driver’s license
- Proficiency in technology such as cell phones and basic computer skills
- Minimum age of 23 years old
- ServeSafe, First AID, and CPR training is provided by Natural Retreats.
- Must complete Department of Transportation physical exam, including drug screen, to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Team Player.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask
- Amazing interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proactive and flexible
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
- ‘Can do’ attitude