Set your watch to island time during your stay to Sunset Hammock. Nestled among Tybee’s marshlands, this quiet, three-bedroom, two-bath triplex comfortably sleeps nine, providing plenty of room for your entire group to relax and enjoy their vacation. Open the front door and go up 12 steps to the first level living room, dining area, kitchen, bathroom and queen bedroom. The next staircase has 17 steps and this takes you to the second floor with a king bedroom, queen bedroom, bathroom, laundry room and twin bed area.
3 Bedrooms: Bedroom 1: King bed + Daybed (Top Level). This is a spacious, bright and airy room with an open concept - there is no door.
Bedroom 2: Full bed (Top Level)
Bedroom 3: Queen bed (Main Level)
Sleeper Sofa in the living room
Relax in the living room on the cozy sofa and enjoy one of a kind views of the coastal marshes. There is a stocked bookshelf with a variety of works to appeal to every literary preference. The kitchen is fully-equipped with large and small appliances to make cooking a breeze. Dine as a group at the six-person table, and find additional seating at the counter. A charcoal grill is also provided for your use in the side patio area.
The back porch is the perfect place to settle into a cozy chair and enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings, watch the sunset, or gaze at the sky on a starry night.
Pet Friendly for up to 2 dogs with a non-refundable pet $110 fee
Cable TV + WIFI
Off Street Parking for 3 cars
Elevator in picture not available for guest use
No events with a higher number of guests than the occupancy of the house are permitted and there is a minimum age requirement of 25 for renters.
As our gift to you for booking with us, we offer free admission to select Tybee attractions. Called the Xplorie Program, our guests will receive one free adult admission ticket, per night stay, to attractions like dolphin tours, bike rentals and kayak rentals. It’s our way of saying “thanks!”
Tybee Island STVR Permit No: STR.2021.01239
Great house in a great location. The Seawolf eatery just down the street is phenomenal!
Airbnb guestOctober 2022
Such a wonderful experience. Plenty of room, great scenery, clean and the location was awesome. Will definitely be back
The place was beautiful, extremely spacious, very quiet and peaceful, and nicely centrally located on the island with a stunning sunset view across the marsh each evening. The management was helpful and very responsive to any questions.
Great location. Beautiful view.
Airbnb guestJune 2022
We loved staying at this home. We particularly loved the decks and the marsh view where we spent a great deal of time sitting and listening to and watching the birds and the beautiful landscape, sunrises and sunsets. Even without binoculars we were able to see many birds, such as egrets, Great Blue Heron, hawks and smaller birds. The place was clean and large, with two floors, and very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We were close to everything on the island - the beach, good food and also Fort Pulaski on the way off the island. We would love to come back in the future and wished we could have stayed longer.
Sunset Hammock is a lovely, comfortable home conveniently located for exploring Tybee and Savannah. We especially enjoyed relaxing on the porch overlooking the marsh. The Natural Retreats team provided outstanding hospitality. Shout out to Tim in maintenance, who was very friendly and helpful.
We really enjoyed our stay and would love to stay again. We loved sitting on the decks overlooking the marsh and watching and listening to the birds, including egrets, a Great Blue Heron, hawks and many others. We loved watching the sunrise and sunset from the deck. We particularly appreciated that scented cleaning and air freshener products were not used (with the exception of scented toiletries offered to the guests). The place was large and very comfortable and had everything we needed. It was close to everything we wanted to go to - beach, restaurants, Fort Pulaski, etc., but we would have been content just to stay at "home" looking out over the marsh, which we spent a lot of time doing. The staff was pleasant and responded to our questions quickly. Thank you for a lovely stay.
Airbnb guestMarch 2022
We absolutely loved staying there. The house was beautiful and we loved the view. It was really peaceful.
We truly enjoyed our stay. Thank you!!
Everyone was so easy to work with! Friendly and accommodating! I will definitely use you all again!
When we were trying to enter our rental, in the pouring rain, our code wasn’t working. One quick call solved all our problems. That assistance will stick with me for a long time.
Need a great place to stay at Tybee? Natural Retreats (E) is it! There is plenty of room in the gorgeous townhouse on the marsh with comfortable beds and a well equipped rental. Plus the view is spectacular! This is a rental I will remember about for years to come.
Airbnb guestNovember 2021
Great property and no problems checking in. Very little required at checkout. Like the emails early in the week before our arrival instead of waiting until the day of to hear from the property manager.
When I got to the rental the key code didn’t work and when I called an assistant answered my call immediately and gave me the code I needed to get in and was very pleasant and after giving me the code she asked if I needed anything else and if I would like her to text me the code to my phone as well.
We loved the Sunset Hammock. It was even better than the pictures. All the stairs are a great cardio!!!!
Airbnb guestJuly 2021
Great location, amazing place to stay, and truly a great place to stay
This is a really spacious home that easily fit our four adults and two children. It could have comfortably fit a few more. The location is nice away from the beach and the hustle and bustle down there. But the beach and other attractions are a short drive away.
Airbnb guestJuly 2021
Sunset Hammock was a great place for us to relax and unwind. The property was very clean when we arrived and everything we needed was for our stay was on hand. Plenty of communication before our arrival about what to expect kept any worries about the trip at bay.
The place was lovely, the area quiet, safe and beautiful, the staff responsive. The only feedback would be if you have a guest staying for a longer period of time to supply with a few more items (there were no real cleaning supplies available).
Everyone was very helpful and made the process easy and safe which was fantastic.
Great stay. My only complaint is the AC on the main floor barely cooled.
The house was beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice. The beds were comfortable. The house was very spacious. The sunsets were beautiful. We were close enough to walk to the beach yet also on a very quiet street.
The shower in the upstairs bathroom could use a good deep cleaning.
The place was wonderful and extremely peaceful! My family and I loved it!!!
Beautiful, spacious, lovely home!
My goodness, this place is absolutely spectacular! What a view...inside and out. We visited in November, and although the weather did not cooperate, the home sure did! Truly beautiful and spacious.
For a family of 5, this house was plenty big. The deck was incredible at sunset and I really liked the open design.
Tim KnarrJuly 2019
Tybee stay - Williams Family
Thank you fir such a beautiful stay. We loved Tybee and all the sites. Our home was so beautiful and we couldn't of asked fir anything better. Definitely will book again.
Beautiful beyond words!!
We visited the home in mid October of this year (2018)... We had a party of 9 and I loved the way Sunset Hammock looked on the Tybee Joy website. It is located on the marsh, maybe about a five minute drive from the beach, but it is WELL worth the 5 minute drive, I promise you!! If you like beautiful sunrises AND sunsets, this is definitely the place for you!
I would like to tell you what cable or satellite or internet option (like Roku) was provided, but we never turned the TV on. We spent our time on one of the two decks watching the birds over the marsh, listening to the crabs clap away as they caught fish,..... Amazing!! Just amazing!!! We even had a vist from a family of raccoons!! They climbed up in an oak tree in the back yard--a momma and her 3 sweet babies. They didn't stay long but we really enjoyed watching them!! We visited the pier at night where we were able to see bioluminescent jellyfish during high tide. We visited Mid Beach during the day where the girls were able to pick up shells and play in the water. Everyone else climbed the lighthouse while I stood below and waited... Lots of activities for the family to do. Plus a lot of areas were wheelchair accessible so my aging, disabled mother could join in with us without tiring out too fast.
I was actually kind of worried that I might not be able to cook for everyone in the kitchen when I first booked our stay--I mean, 9 is quite a crowd... Most places don't have the pots or pans in sizes that would be required to cook for that many people but Sunset Hammock had it ALL!! We made a trip to the local IGA on Tybee (where we were greeted by a VERY friendly staff)and bought the things we needed at actually reasonable prices.... Don't let anyone tell you that grocery shopping on the island is expensive because it really isn't!!
But as for us, we have all decided that for our next Tybee stay, there is only one place for us--Sunset Hammock!! I do think
Very spacious and a good location!
Our trip was May 2018 and we had a great time! Thank you! So, as with any review, there are pros and cons:
- super spacious: could potentially house 11 guests and the open floor plan was really neat
- comfortable couches and beds to use: they weren't super stiff and they didn't lack support
- location: just before you get to the main strip of the shopping district, easy walking distances to the convenience stores, restaurants/bars and rental places (and the LIGHTHOUSE!)
- the refrigerator and bathrooms were clean; and smaller supplies like dish soap and bathroom toiletries were provided which was a generous touch
- AC kept the house cool in the hot, humid Georgia weather
- There were a lot of dishes; plates, bowls, cups, utensils that were available to us and lots of space for storage of groceries
- There's no address on the outside of the building/not mailbox identification; we drove up and down the street checking other houses, Sunset Hammock shares a building with 149-B (which was clearly labeled); check in was "sometime after 4" and when we arrived at 4:15 there were still cars in the driveway which denied us access to the residency (in addition to not being able to find it); I tried to call the business several times and even though the recording told me the offices didn't close until 7, no one answered until we finally figured it out.
- the some of the dishes needed to be cleaned before using
- there were bugs (to my eye looked like large cockroaches; and after some research they might've been water roaches? I'm still unsure) that invaded the lower bedroom and when I called I was asked "Well what do you want me to do about it?" which was a little off putting. We were told someone would be by to take care of it, so we put a towel down in front of the door and it remained unmoved for the duration of our trip. Luckily, there was another area for that person to sleep in.
Somethings to keep in mind:
- the upstairs is more of a master suite on one side, with a separate bathroom and separate bedroom near the stairs: which was fine for us
- Not all the games on the bookshelf has their pieces (we stopped looking through after the first two games we pulled out were incomplete)
- Not all the remotes are there for entertainment: we had two remotes, one for the tv and another for the cable box? There was no Roku remote or Wii controllers.
- There was pepper but no salt; so if you go grocery shopping/bring food make sure to bring your spices! (If not, there's an IGA around the corner)
- the entire island is "Pay to Park" and the shops DO NOT exchange your dollars for quarters; the meters don't take anything but QUARTERS or CREDIT CARDS and it's automatically a $4 charge on your card if you use it (It's $1 for an hour; and YES they monitor that very frequently)
All in all: we would go back, it was a straight drive from Atlanta, which was really pleasant. :)
We had a wonderful time. My first vacation with daughter's and granddaughters. Gotta stay longer next time to fit everything in.
Reynolds familyMay 2018
The place was everything I hoped for and more my family and me loved it very nice location and space in it just wonderful place to stay!!!
Great for a family vacation.
Visited in August to celebrate our Mother's 85th birthday. Wonderful, light and airy with lots of room for everyone
85 and still kickingAugust 2017
Show More +
Our June visit was excellent. The comfort of large rooms and decks provided the spacious environment for spreading out and relaxing. Perfect setting for a family reunion.